As a legal resident of UAE, you are eligible to apply for a residence visa for your parents. Here’s what you need to know for doing so.
A residence visa is a permission for one to reside legally inside a country. If you are an expat living in UAE with a minimum salary of 20000 Dirhams, you can apply for a residence visa for your parents. This article should be helpful to you if you are intending to bring your parents to UAE.
Eligibility requirements for sponsoring parents :-
Salary requirements are the biggest concern while planning to bring your parents to UAE.
According to the new rules, if you are a UAE expat with a valid resident visa with a minimum monthly salary of 20000 Dirhams or 19000 Dirhams and a two bedroom accommodation, you are eligible to apply for a one-year renewable resident visa for your parents/parents in law.
However, if your salary is lower than the required amount, you still can approach the humanitarian task at DNRD and they will look into the aspects of your application.
Entry visa :
Your parents should enter UAE with an entry visa and then apply for a residence visa in 60 days from the day of entry.
Documents required for getting entry visa :-
1. Application form from registered typing centers.
2. Original passport of both you and your parents.
3. Photos of both parents.
4. Certificate attestation as a proof of your relationship from your embassy stating that you are the only provider for your parents.
5. A copy of your job contract and salary slip/ certificate from your employer.
Steps for getting an entry visa:
1. Go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs in Dubai along with the
documents listed above. Submit the documents with an appeal letter for the entry visa for your parents. Enclose copies of the documents with the application and mention your contact number. Your application will be checked and either approved or rejected in two weeks.
2. Get a registered typist to complete your form.
3. Hand in the documents at the residency section of DNRD.
4. Entry permits are usually sent within 48 hours after successful completion of the application. In the case of an application for an urgent visa, it will be processed in a few minutes.
Fees for getting entry visa :
1. A refundable deposit of 20000Dirhams.
2. 110 Application fee and typing center fee.
Residence visa :
Getting the residence visa for your parents is an easy procedure. After you get the entry visa, you should start the application procedures for residency visa within 60 days from the entry date.
Documents required for getting residence visa:
1. Application form along with 3 photos of your parents.
2. Original passport of you and your parents.
3. Original entry permit.
4. Parent’s health card.
5. Receipt of refundable deposit.
6. Original salary slip or job contract from your employer.
Steps for getting the residence visa:
1. Get a medical card by doing a health checkup.
2. Go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs in Dubai along with the documents mentioned above.
3. Get a typist to complete your forms.
4. Submit the documents to the residency section.
5. Residency visa along with the passports will be sent through Empost.
6. Apply for an insurance policy for your parents.
Fees for getting residence visa:
1. 110Dirhams as residency fee for a year.
2. 100Dirhams for an urgent application.
3. 10Dirhams as Empost fees.
For more updates and information on getting residence visa for your parents, visit the website of The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.